Friday, September 20, 2013

It's time...


If I had to use one word to describe the predominate feeling in my life right now it would be 'conflicted'.  Being hurt and angry makes every encounter a conflict of some sort.  These are my go to emotions.  I can't blame it all on grief.  I've been here before, in some way this is part of my DNA.  The grief only intensifies it all. 

I don't like where I am right now. And nothing changes if nothing changes.  I no longer want to be (or need to be) at the whim of every slight, every insane co-worker, every rude client. I no longer want to blame this hurt and anger on the twist and turns in life that don't suit me. I want to own it.  

Acceptance is the answer.  The only hurdle is self acceptance because, unfortunately or not, charity begins at home. 

I have to move forward. And I sense that self acceptance is a hugh part of any lasting progress anyone makes.  The bonus is that the journey is probably way more fun with self acceptance thrown in.  And damn I need some fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment